If you are currently symptomatic or reporting exposure to someone known to have COVID-19, you may meet the criteria for COVID testing. If you have a COVID Antigen Home Kit, you should take this test before going into class or work.
- If your test is POSITIVE - please call UCI Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services at 949-824-2300 to report your test result.
- If your test is NEGATIVE - Stay home until your symptoms are improving, and contact your provider if your symptoms worsen.
The UCI Student health Center offers observed COVID PCR to students who may self-schedule appointments by logging in to the Student Health Patient Portal. Once in the portal:
- Select “Appointments” on the left navigation sidebar
- Click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “SYMPTOMATIC COVID TESTING- STUDENT HEALTH CENTER” – click “Continue”
- Confirm contact information (email address, telephone, address) – click “Continue”
- Enter callback number (required in case Testing site staff or Student Health Center staff need to contact you regarding the appointment you are scheduling) – click “Continue”
- Schedule and confirm selected appointment
Individuals having difficulty accessing the patient portal to schedule their appointment can contact the COVID-19 Response Center at 949-824-9918 or email@example.com for assistance.
And for more information on campus COVID testing guidelines resources, please click here:
If you have any additional questions or have clinical concerns, you should reach out to your Primary Care Provider. If you have the UC-SHIP Insurance plan you may contact the UCI Student Health Center at (949)824-5304. As a reminder, the UCI Student Health Center is open on Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. For After Hours Care resources, please click on the following link: https://shc.uci.edu/emergency-medical-mental-health-and-dental-services-and-after-hours-care
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911, or the UCI Police Department at 949-824-5222.
- If you would like to speak with a nurse, please call the After-Hours Nurse Advice Line at 949-824-3870.
- If you would like to speak to a provider via Telehealth, you may use the LiveHealth ONLINE service*
- If you would like to see a provider in person, you may choose one of the covered Urgent Cares* - Irvine Urgent Care and Newport Urgent care are preferred for UCI Students
*If you do not have the UC-SHIP Insurance plan, please be sure to check coverage or you may be charged additional fees