Testing exemption: Effective April 26, 2021, students who are fully vaccinated (14 days after their last shot) and who have uploaded their vaccination records are no longer required to participate in the Asymptomatic Testing Program. Students should expect to receive verification of their test exemption from the Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services team (CTVNS) via secure message thru the Student Health Center patient portal. The ZotPass will also reflect your exempt status within 24 hours of your verification. Students should continue testing until they receive verification of their testing exemption. Student-athletes may still be required to test regularly based upon their rules and regulations for competition. Student-athletes should check with the UCI Intercollegiate Athletics department for additional guidance on testing.
For additional information, call UCI’s Contact Tracing & Vaccine Navigation Services at 949-824-2300. CTVNS is also available to help individuals find vaccine appointments; assist students with uploading their vaccine records to the Student Health Portal; and assist students with accessing their vaccine records in California.
Locations and Other Details:
- Division of Continuing Education (DCE) - Yosemite Room (Note: this is the only testing site on campus until further notice for all students including student-athletes.)
- Make your appointment online at the Student Health Patient Portal . Select a day/time during the week to which you can commit as this will become your weekly RECURRING appointment.
- For updated information regarding testing, please visit here.
- Student-Athletes: Please follow the guidelines provided by the Athletics Department for the days/times on which you are assigned testing.
- No charge to students.
- Complete your Daily Symptom Check Screener prior to your appointment.
- DO NOT proceed to your testing location if you have any symptoms. If you responded "YES" to any screening question in the Daily Symptom Check Screener, then please login to the Student Health Patient Portal; submit a secure message to "COVID-19 Yes Responder Screening Request"; complete the screening questionnaire and acknowledgements; and then click on "Send". A member of SHC's Clinical team will contact with you within 24 hours with further guidance and instructions.
*Testing is still required for the students listed below if they are not fully-vaccinated:
- Students residing on campus
- Students attending in-person classes (when classes resume)
- Students residing within 10 miles of the campus
- Students who regularly attend onsite events or activities
- Students involved in campus-based research
- Students working on campus
Watch these brief animated videos regarding Supervised Self-Swab COVID Testing Collection >>> https://youtu.be/jDIUFDMmBDo and Supervised Salivary COVID Testing Collection >>> https://youtu.be/CG3JQPDk_As