Health Insurance Options: Non-UC SHIP and/or After Graduation

If you are enrolled in UC SHIP and will be graduating this term, you may purchase "continuation coverage" once your UC SHIP coverage expires. See Voluntary and Dependent Enrollment for additional information and to enroll in the plan.

Now Available: Special Enrollment-Period for Covered CA Health Care Coverage Due to COVID-19

Have you lost your health insurance due to COVID-19? If you've recently lost your coverage or will soon lose it, Covered California has established a special-enrollment period for those impacted by income changes, reduced hours or lay off due to COVID-19.

If the following circumstances apply to you, you may be eligible for health care coverage through Covered CA:

•             You've lost Medi-Cal coverage

•             You've lost your employer-sponsored coverage

•             Your COBRA coverage is exhausted

•             You are no longer eligible for UC SHIP coverage

To learn if you're eligible or to apply for coverage, visit Covered CA or call 1-800-300-1506 to speak with a Covered CA certified insurance agent or navigator for free and confidential enrollment assistance.

If you're not eligible for Covered CA health coverage, you may be eligible for health insurance through LA County's My Health LA (MHLA). MHLA is a no-cost health care program for individuals or families who do not have and cannot get health insurance. For assistance over the phone with MHLA, call 1-844-744-6452 from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM (Monday through Friday).

Check with your local county health plan to determine if other health insurance coverage options are available to you. For other non-UC SHIP health insurance options, please visit