COVID-19 - Student Health Center Dental Clinic Announcement
The SHC Dental Clinic has resumed its diagnostic and preventive services (dental exams, X-rays, dental cleanings) in addition to emergency dental procedures, in accordance to guidelines provided by the California Department of Public Health on May 7, 2020. As we phase in routine dental care, we will reassess the situation regularly and will update this website regarding the next phases of resuming restorative services.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. The SHC Dental Clinic follows the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, staff and community. Given the current environment with COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes in our Dental Clinic that we want you to be aware of:
- Patients will be screened for COVID symptoms, both when making an appointment and again when they arrive.
- Patients will have their temperature checked before entering the building.
- Patients will be asked to bring a face covering to wear when entering the building.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer that we will have available as soon as they enter the Dental Clinic.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or other items that are difficult to clean.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- Patients are asked to refrain from bringing others into the dental practice, unless they are parents or guardians of patients who are minors or have special needs. If someone accompanies a patient, they will be asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the building.
- The Dental Clinic may use telehealth (virtual or phone appointments) in order to limit a patient’s need to physically be in the premises.
For additional information including the most current updates regarding appointment availability, please contact the SHC Dental Clinic at 949-824-5307 or 949-824-2574. In-person inquiries and appointment scheduling will not be available until further notice.
Welcome to Student Health Center Dental Clinic!
The Dental Clinic prides itself on providing high quality dental care to the campus community in a professional, caring and friendly environment. Our staff includes dentists, specialists and hygienists with years of experience who provide a full range of general dentistry procedures. Please feel free to call the Dental Clinic for further information or to make an appointment. Student Health Center Dental Clinic is a Delta Dental preferred provider.
We look forward to serving your dental needs!
Location and Hours
(Bldg 6 on the campus map)Dental Clinic - Student Health II
500 East Peltason Drive
Irvine, California 92697-5203
Appointments and Information: 949-824-5307/949-824-2574
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm)
(We are closed on weekends and UCI holidays.)