Did you know that…
- 50% of college students report feeling so overwhelmed in the past year that they can't function. Check out https://www.mentalhealthishealth.us/, especially the For a Friend section on what you can do. Some tips include:
- Get a good night's rest. If you are feeling like you need to stay up all night to help your friend stay safe, STOP. This is a sign to get professional help either from your RA, or by calling the UCIPD (949-824-5223) if after hours, or by driving directly to the nearest hospital emergency department right away.
- If your friend feels like harming themselves or has a plan for suicide, you may need to call or text 988.
- If someone is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.
- UC Office of the President supports mental health and has published Promoting Student Mental Health: A Guide for UC Faculty and Staff.
- UCI’s Counseling Center provides resources for Assisting Students in Distress including the Red Folder.