How To Make an Appointment:
Online Scheduling for primary care appointments through the Student Health Patient Portal. ONLINE SCHEDULING FOR PRIMARY CARE/SPECIALTY CARE SERVICES IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Student Health Center is continually striving to improve its online appointment scheduling system. The window of available appointments that can be viewed by a student and scheduled ONLINE via the Student Health Patient Portal has now been expanded to 14 days (336 hours). It is our intent and expectation that this change will result in more appointments being available to students to schedule online in lieu of having to call the SHC appointment line or scheduling in person. Future enhancements to the online scheduling system are planned including increasing the # of appointment "types" for which a student can schedule an appointment online.
- Online Scheduling is also available through the Student Health Patient Portal to make appointments to receive vaccines for preventable diseases. Immunizations include: ONLINE SCHEDULING NOW AVAILABLE
- Influenza (now mandatory for all incoming and continuing students. Compliance deadline is 11-1-2020. Flu vaccine is available now!)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td)
- Hepatitis A & B
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Meningitis (ACWY & MenB)
- For Japanese Encephalitis and Cholera vaccinations, a travel visit appointment is required. Please call 949-824-5304 to schedule the appointment.
- Appointments can be made by telephone: 949-824‑5304.
When speaking with one of our appointment schedulers, please be sure to have your class and/or work schedule available.
Please note the following:
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Registration/Self Check-in stations are located in the waiting area.
- If you are greater than ten (10) minutes late for your scheduled appointment time, you will be unable to "self-check in" and must check in at the Front Office. It is possible that your provider will see the next scheduled patient who is available and who arrived on time before seeing you. If the reason for your appointment is deemed not to be medically urgent or emergent, you may be asked to wait or you may be asked to reschedule depending upon the provider's schedule.
- If you are late and your assigned provider is not available, then it may be possible for you to be seen by another provider if one is available. However, this is not guaranteed.
- If you are late and the reason for your appointment is deemed to be medically urgent or emergent, we will make every effort for you to be seen as soon as possible by an available provider.
- Please note that appointments are limited in length and you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment(s) if you have multiple concerns or if your care requires more than the allotted time.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel your appointment no later than the day prior to your scheduled appointment date. See below for applicable fees charged for late cancellations and/or no shows.
- Please keep all of the above considerations in mind when scheduling your appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
(Appointment cancellation must occur no later than the day prior to the scheduled appointment date.)
If you cannot make your appointment, please call 949‑824‑5304 or go online to the Student Health Patient Portal as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule so that we can make your time slot available to other students. Canceling your appointment can be done 24-hours a day/7 days a week either online or by calling our Appointment Line at 949‑824‑5304 and leaving a message. Patients who miss their appointment (no show) or cancel the appointment on the same day as their scheduled appointment will incur a fee. See Cost of Care for related fees.
In addition to the fee charged for a missed/late canceled appointment, patients will also be charged the cost associated with any special drug or other perishable medical supply item that was scheduled to be used during their appointment but cannot be returned to inventory.
Update Your Address and Contact Information
It is very important that you keep your address and contact information updated with the Office of the University Registrar as this is the same address and information that is utilized by all University departments including the Student Health Center. In addition, the address and contact information that is on file with the Registrar is also used by UC SHIP and all of the UC SHIP carriers. When you move to a new residence; return home for summer break; change telephone numbers or mobile carriers, please remember to update your records with the University Registrar as soon as possible. Thank you!