How To Make an Appointment:
Online Scheduling for primary care appointments through the Student Health Patient Portal.Next day appointments become available online starting each day at 5:00 PM. The online scheduling system is based upon a rolling 16-hour expanding window. For example, if you go online at 5:00 PM, appointments that are available on the next day between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM will display; at 6:00 PM, appointments that are available on the next day between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM will display; and so on. Therefore, the best time to view the maximum number of available appointment times for the next day would be between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM.
- Online Scheduling is also available through the Student Health Patient Portal to make appointments to receive vaccines for preventable diseases. Immunizations include:
- Influenza (available from September thru end of flu season)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td)
- Hepatitis A & B
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Meningitis (ACWY & MenB)
- For Japanese Encephalitis and Cholera vaccinations, a travel visit appointment is required. Please call 949-824-5304 to schedule the appointment.
- Appointments can also be made by telephone: 949-824‑5304, or in-person at SHC during normal hours of operation.
When speaking with one of our appointment schedulers, please be sure to have your class and/or work schedule available.
Please note the following:
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Registration/Self Check-in stations are located in the waiting area.
- If you are greater than ten (10) minutes late for your scheduled appointment time, you will be unable to "self-check in" and must check in at the Front Office. It is possible that your provider will see the next scheduled patient who is available and who arrived on time before seeing you. If the reason for your appointment is deemed not to be medically urgent or emergent, you may be asked to wait or you may be asked to reschedule depending upon the provider's schedule.
- If you are late and your assigned provider is not available, then it may be possible for you to be seen by another provider if one is available. However, this is not guaranteed.
- If you are late and the reason for your appointment is deemed to be medically urgent or emergent, we will make every effort for you to be seen as soon as possible by an available provider.
- Please note that appointments are limited in length and you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment(s) if you have multiple concerns or if your care requires more than the allotted time.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel your appointment no later than the day prior to your scheduled appointment date. See below for applicable fees charged for late cancellations and/or no shows.
- Please keep all of the above considerations in mind when scheduling your appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
(Appointment cancellation must occur no later than the day prior to the scheduled appointment date.)
If you cannot make your appointment, please call 949‑824‑5304 or go online to the Student Health Patient Portal as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule so that we can make your time slot available to other students. Canceling your appointment can be done 24-hours a day/7 days a week either online or by calling our Appointment Line at 949‑824‑5304 and leaving a message. Patients who miss their appointment (no show) or cancel the appointment on the same day as their scheduled appointment will incur a fee. See Cost of Care for related fees.
In addition to the fee charged for a missed/late canceled appointment, patients will also be charged the cost associated with any special drug or other perishable medical supply item that was scheduled to be used during their appointment but cannot be returned to inventory.