- IF YOU SUDDENLY BECOME ILL OR HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911; OR PROCEED TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT. BE SURE TO CONTACT STUDENT HEALTH CENTER AT 949-824-5304 TO SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON OR TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENT FOR FOLLOW-UP CARE.
- UCI POLICE DEPARTMENT
- FOR INFORMATION REGARDING HOW TO REPORT DISCRIMINATION, SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND/OR SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND THE RESOURCES THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU, PLEASE VISIT:
- SHC'S WEBPAGE HERE .
- UCI'S OFFICE OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY (OEOD) WEBSITE HERE.
- CAMPUS ASSAULT RESOURCES & EDUCATION (CARE) WEBSITE HERE.
- FOR INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 AND OTHER REQUIRED VACCINATIONS AND RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS WITHIN THE CAMPUS COMMUNITY AND BEYOND, PLEASE VISIT THE UCIFORWARD WEBSITE.
Student Health Center Nurse Advice Line: 949-824-3870
STUDENTS LIVING ON CAMPUS WITH COVID-19 INQUIRIES:
- If the Student Health Center is closed and you are:
- a UCI student who is currently living on campus;
- and in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19;
- or if you are symptomatic;
- or if you have been exposed to an individual who has recently tested positive for COVID-19;
Then please call 949-824-3870 to reach the Student Health Center After-Hours Nurse Advice Line.
FOR MEDICAL, MENTAL HEALTH and/or DENTAL INQUIRIES WHEN SHC IS CLOSED:
For any life-threatening emergency, please call "911" or UCIPD at 949-824-5222.
If the Student Health Center is closed, there are other health care resources available to you for urgent and/or other medical, mental health and dental related inquiries including:
- SHC Nurse Advice Line: 949-824-3870
- LiveHealth Online - UCI Student Health Center has partnered with UC SHIP, Anthem and LiveHealth Online (LHO) for online video conferencing appointments (telemedicine) with a physician when the UCI Student Health Center is closed or when you’re away from campus. LHO is available to all UCI registered students. LHO is intended to be used for urgent situations. LHO is NOT a substitute for SHC as your primary care provider if you are covered by UC SHIP.
- UCI Health On-Call is another great telehealth option for UCI students when SHC is closed. Visit https://shc.uci.edu/services/uci-health-oncall for additional information.
- Urgent care centers. If you are covered by UC SHIP, then please select an urgent care facility near you that is in the Anthem network. To find any provider in the Anthem network including hospitals, urgent care centers, specialists, etc...visit https://www.anthem.com. A list of urgent care facilities near UCI main campus is below.
- Dental Emergency: If you have a dental emergency, please visit www.deltadentalins.com to locate a dentist near you or call Delta Dental at (888) 335-8227. If you are an established patient of the UCI SHC Dental Clinic, please call (949) 560-4234 to obtain assistance.
Nurse Advice Line (Anthem)
With the exception of the situations noted below, Anthem's Nurse Advice Line is another valuable resource if you have health concerns and need your questions answered right away when SHC is closed or while you are away from campus. A nurse is available 24/7 to answer your questions.
You should NOT contact Anthem's Nurse Advice Line if one of the following situations applies to you:
- You are a student living on campus in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19;
- You are a student living on campus and you are symptomatic;
- You are a student living on campus who has been exposed to someone who has recently tested positive;
- You live on or near campus, work on campus, and/or come onto campus for classes or other activities, and you receive the "DAILY SYMPTOM SCREENER", and you responded "YES" to one of the screening questions.
If one of these situations applies to you, then please call SHC'S AFTER-HOURS NURSE ADVICE LINE AT 949-824-3870 for instructions. You will receive a call-back from a member of SHC'S Clinical team.
|(877) 351-3457||(FOR BOTH GSHIP – GRADUATE STUDENTS and USHIP - UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS)|
Anthem Blue Cross is the USHIP and GSHIP health insurance carrier and network.
For Urgent Care or Emergency Services, providers are available nationwide and worldwide through the Blue Card PPO Network. Call toll free at (800) 810-BLUE (2583) or visit Anthem Blue Cross website to find providers and facilities that are nearest to your residence or location.
Have You, a Friend or Co-Worker Been Impacted by Sexual Assault, Relationship Abuse, Family Violence and/or Stalking?
If so, UCI’s Campus Assault Resources & Education (CARE) office is available to provide assistance. Contact the CARE office at (949) 824‑7273 or visit CARE’s website at Campus Assault Resources & Education.
It is important that you have your digital or printed UC SHIP insurance ID card with you when you visit any provider or facility including an Urgent Care Center or Hospital Emergency Room.
To print/access Insurance Identification Cards and more, please visit the Anthem Blue Cross website or download the mobile student health app (see mobile app information and instructions).